4500 Marriott Drive - Raleigh
Patti Joyner is returning to lead our compliance experts through the various updates in BSA and AML.
This program is designed to enhance the skills of your Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) support staﬀ, your independent audit team, and any personnel responsible for managing and maintaining a strong BSA and AML program. Expand your staﬀ’s understanding and expertise in some of the most critical skills they will ever possess – skills that can protect your profits in these very challenging times of tight margins and sustained high expectations! Exam findings indicate we need to strengthen our compliance management program!
Patti Joyner of Financial Solutions will lead our program to discover new and improved solutions to the ever‐expanding regulatory challenges. She will discuss the latest developments regarding risk assessment, criminal activity patterns indicating increased problems and the bank’s reporting responsibilities that accompany those scenarios. Join us for the review of an updated and expanded risk assessment methodology including the required elements for documenting your bank’s risk assessment. Learn from others’ mistakes by reviewing the latest BSA/AML enforcement actions and how the criminals and terrorists are expanding their use of electronic payment methods, prepaid cards and just about anything else they can get their hands on! Attendees will pick up new tricks and tips to maximize their programs designed to comply with these very important issues facing every financial institution. We’ll learn, we’ll laugh, and we’ll vent a little. Most importantly, we’ll be ready to face the latest version of BSA and AML challenges with a few more eﬀective tools.
Confirmed topics include:
- BSA/AML Regulatory Program Expectations
- Four Pillars of BSA Compliance Programs
- Fifth Pillar: Customer Due Diligence, including Final Beneficial Ownership Rule
- Road Map to Success: Current BSA/AML Exam Trends Risk Assessment
- Expanded Risk Assessment Requirements
- Geography: Countries of Concern, HIDTAs, HIFCAS, Bulk Currency Corridors
- Current Legislative Activity
- Customer Identification Program (CIP)
- Consumer Customer Due Diligence, Enhanced Customer Diligence, High-Risk Products and Services
- Third Party Payment Processors, Mobile Banking Customers, New Payment Methods, Banking Foreign Customers
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Consumer Customer Due Diligence CommercialBSA Seminar Agenda
- Customer Due Diligence Enhanced Due Diligence
- Beneficial Ownership Rules
- Currency Transaction Reports (CTR) and CTR Exemptions
- CTR Tips and Tools
- Phase I and Phase II Exemption Rules
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR)
- Robust SAR Program Guidelines
- Critical Components for an Effective Monitoring and Reporting Program
- Finesse Your Narratives to Prompt Attention from Law Enforcement
- Cybersecurity Incident Guidance
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) Program
- Screening Responsibilities and Match Resolution
- HIDTA, HIFCA, FBI Most Wanted, Countries of Concern and Other Watch Lists
- International and Domestic Politically Exposed Persons (PEP)
- Hot Spots to Watch For, including Recent Enforcement Actions
- BSA Training for Everyone!
- Customized Training
- Bank Directors and Executive Leadership
- Function – Specific Training for Employees: New Hires and New Jobs
Patti Joyner – Financial Solutions
Patti Joyner is a dynamic speaker and leader with strong, intuitive management skills, and a deep conviction that “excellence is not optional.” She has extensive experience in working with financial institutions, bank data processors and governmental agencies. Patti has more than 35 years of experience in the financial industry as an entrepreneur and financial institution executive. She is a Certified Public Accountant, skilled regulatory compliance consultant, bank operations specialist, system automation designer and an enthusiastic regulatory compliance instructor who believes in providing real-world solutions ready for immediate implementation.
Patti founded Financial Solutions in 1990 to offer financial institutions complete, cost-effective regulatory compliance solutions, thereby eliminating an institution’s need to rush to increase overhead. The company specializes in providing regulatory compliance assistance for financial institutions through policies, programs, on-site compliance reviews and customized training.
The NCBA has secured a discounted rate of $179/night for our attendees at the Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley. To secure this discounted rate, please use the link below.
Please note that attendees are responsible for securing their hotel reservations. The cut-off date to make reservations at the discounted rate is Sunday, January 12.