Date: January 11, 2017
Time: 9 am - 4 pm
Location: Paragon Bank
3535 Glenwood Avenue - Raleigh
Registration: $250 (Early Bird - 12/28/16) / $275 (Regular - after 12/28/16)
The NCBA is excited to be partnering with Mauldin & Jenkins, Dixon Hughes Goodman and Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton on this program. Representatives from these companies will present during the workshop to host discussion and provide a round-table conversation with attendees.
In June of 2016, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) finalized Accounting Standards Update 2016-13, Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) model. This is the most dramatic accounting change facing the financial industry in almost a decade and was followed by a formal joint statement from the federal financial institution regulators. Both documents represent a fundamental change in what the allowance for loan losses is designed to represent.
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- Summary of the final CECL standard
- Important challenges of the new standard, including recommended time frames
- Methodologies to meet the new CECL requirements of estimating losses over the life of loans and leases
- Some of the data challenges of the new CECL model compared to the current ALLL rules
- External data needs
- Tracking and identifying key drivers of credit risk within a portfolio
- What data may be useful in meeting CECL's requirement of "reasonable and supportable forecasts" of the future
- Suggested implementation plan and the bank team members that might contribute to the effort
- Legal and regulatory hot topics
Who should attend: CEOs, CFOs and anyone else responsible for helping their financial institution implement the new CECL model.
The NCBA has secured a discounted rate of $136/night at the Embassy Suites Raleigh Crabtree. To make a reservation at the discounted rate, please call the hotel directly at 919.881.0000 and request the NC Bankers rate for the night of January 10. Please note that all attendees are responsible for their own reservations, and that to secure the discounted room rate reservations must be made by Tuesday, December 20.