FDIC Community Banker Credit Workshop
Date: October 16, 2013
Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: High Point Bank Insurance Center
Registration: $225 early bird (October 2 deadline) / $250 regular
SPEAKER PRESENTATIONS (for attendees only)
The FDIC Atlanta Region will host this workshop as an interactive one-day event focusing on the allowance for loan and leases losses, troubled debt restructuring, and the rating of asset quality. Highlights of this year’s event include:
- Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) – You asked for clarity and guidance regarding the ALLL and we listened! The ALLL discussion will include methodology best practices, loss migration analysis, and examples to clarify regulatory guidance.
- Troubled Debt Restructuring (TDR) – The TDR discussion topics include identifying a TDR loan, ALLL implications including measuring impairment, accrual vs. nonaccrual, and adverse classification. We will also discuss the removal of the TDR, nonaccrual, and adverse classification designations as the credit improves over time. Additionally, the Workshop also includes examples and a tabletop exercise.
- Economic Presentation – An economic specialist will highlight aspects of the economy tailored to your specific area/state. Walk away with valuable insight into your market area, and the resources to continue your research.
- Question and Answer Session – A favorite from past attendees! You will have the opportunity to ask the regulators your specific questions. Share what is on your mind and let us address the questions that matter the most to you.
- Asset Quality Rating Tabletop Exercise – You have the opportunity to be the regulator. Participate in a realistic examination scenario. Can your team of peers analyze the facts and assign the appropriate rating? Together we will discuss the process, analysis, rating factors, and definitions used to rate one of the most important components of a Safety and Soundness examination.
Presidents/CEOs; Chief Credit Officers; Chief Risk Officer; officers responsible for the ALLL, TDR, and nonaccrual accounting; and Directors with responsibilities over lending should attend.
A certificate of completion for continuing education is available for all seminar attendees. For more information, please contact our Meetings Department at 800-662-7044.
Due to the High Point Furniture Market which will be held the week following our seminar, we were not able to get a discounted room block. We have adjusted the start time, so this seminar will begin one hour later than usual with registration starting at 9:30 am. This will give attendees an extra hour to commute in on the 16th. If you do need to come in the night before, we suggest staying outside the Triad area to get a decent room rate and then driving the rest of the way on Wednesday morning.