Total Program: Early Bird – $825 (until 10/2) / Regular – $875 (after 10/2)
Intermediate (Days I & II) Only: Early Bird – $600 (until 10/2) / Regular – $650 (after 10/2)
Advanced (Day III) Only: Early Bird – $350 (until 10/2) / Regular – $400 (after 10/2)
This program is designed for Commercial Lenders, Credit Analysts, Consumer Lenders, Loan Review Officers, Compliance Officers, Branch Managers and Credit Officers. After attending, registrations will:
- Know how to identify key industry, business and management risks
- Know how to analyze and understand the more complex credit requests
- Have a deeper understanding of cash flow analysis and financial forecasting
- Enhance your overall credit underwriting skills
- Understand proper loan structuring
The Intermediate Level will expose participants with experience to the fundamentals required to be successful in the commercial lending process. It will cover analytical skills, including: accounting fundamentals, financial statement and tax return review; ratio analysis, cash flow analysis and loan structuring. The method of instruction includes case studies to present concepts and reinforce understanding.
Course topics include:
- Understanding the role and importance of commercial lending in the banking industry
- Identifying the information required to make a financial assessment
- Learning key accounting principles, assumptions and the rules of debits and credits, which is required to understand how financial statements are created
- Review a full set of financial statements and tax returns
- Calculate basic ratios to determine financial strength including liquidity, leverage, asset management, operating performance and cash flow
- How to structure loans property to match the financial requirements of the borrower
The Advanced Level will utilize ratio analysis and cash flow analysis to determine the financial impact on changing financial metrics, short-term and long-term structuring, and to determine future financial performance. This course is designed to provide the more experienced lenders with the tools necessary to ensure a quality loan portfolio – from analyzing promising prospects or customers, to loan approval and documenting your actions as being proper and prudent.
Topics to be covered include:
- Analyzing industry, business and management risks
- Advanced ratio analysis
- Financial impact analysis to determine the impact on cash flow from changing financial metrics (credit ratios)
- Net working investment analysis utilized to determine the amount required to fund a business’s short-term financing requirements (the essence of loan structuring)
- Financial forecasting and sensitivity analysis to determine a business ability to generate cash flow in the future to service existing and proposed debt
- Calculating sustainable growth which is the rate revenue can grow without increasing leverage to an unmanageable level
- Uniform cash flow and global cash flow analysis for borrowers with interest in multiple entitites
- How to write an effective credit memorandum
Jeffery Johnson – Senior Consultant, Bankers Insight Group
Jeffery Johnson started his career with SunTrust Bank in Atlanta as a Management Trainee and progressed to Vice President and Senior Lender for SouthTrust Bank (a large Southeastern Regional Bank) and Senior Vice President and Commercial Banking Division Manager for Citizens Trust Bank of Atlanta (Community Bank).
Most of his career has been spent in Credit Administration, Lending (Commercial, Consumer and Real Estate), Business Development, Loan Review, Management and Training & Development. He has managed loan portfolios representing a cross section of loan types including: Large Corporate, High Net Worth Individuals, Middle Market Companies, Small Businesses, Real Estate and Non-Profit Organizations and managed several loan officers with portfolio management responsibilities.
Jeffery is now a training professional in the banking industry by leading various seminars covering important topics relating to issues in banking. He teaches actively for fifteen state banking associations in the United States, Risk Management Association (RMA) and individual banks nationwide. He co-authored a training course entitled “Lending to Service and Other Professional Organizations” for RMA in 2001.
The NCBA has secured a discounted rate of $159/night for our attendees at the North Raleigh Hilton. To secure this discounted rate, please use the link below.
Please note that attendees are responsible for securing their hotel reservations. Should you encounter any issues with your reservation, please contact Business Travel Sales Manager, Courtney Quatrara at 919.878.4914 or firstname.lastname@example.org.