Registration will open on July 1.
Full Series: $1,350 (Early Bird – 9/16) / $1,400 (Regular – after 9/16)
Single Day Registration: $385 (Early Bird – 9/16) / $435 (Regular – after 9/16)
The complete Universal Banker Certification Series is a four-day program.Attendees can either elect to register for the full series, or for the individual segments. To view the full program overview with descriptions and a video highlight, please CLICK HERE.
- An understanding of the challenges in community banking
- An opportunity to learn about the best UX-user/customer experience
- The ability to plan for the impact of technology, artificial intelligence, and self-service on the community bank and banker
- The skills to be an ambassador for the bank, and build your personal network
Who Should Attend
Bankers from any department within the bank. These bankers may be new hires, beginning bankers, or bankers with years of experience. They are the emerging bankers who want to become qualified to move laterally or forward in the organization.
Day 1 – Culture Shifting in Community Banks
Focuses on the shift from order-taking to an engaged, advisory culture and the team issues faced when changing cultures.
- Why community banks fail to compete
- Creating the advisory environment across the bank
- Growing the community bank appropriately
- Challenges in changing culture
- Analyzing staff performance across the bank
- Critical thinking – see the big picture
- The why’s – learn the why I am doing something and the interworking of the job
- Assignment to be completed by Day 2
Day 2 – Wowing the Customer
Addresses the needs, wants, and expectations of the new, digital, and younger customers and employees.
- Present each team’s Day 1 assignment findings to the class
- Customer expectations from smart customers
- Creating the ultimate UX (user/customer experience)
- Data vs. data driven decision-making
- Streamlining your work processes
- iGen and millennial customers – trouble and opportunity ahead, must be able to manage relationships up and down with co-workers, and with customer relationships
- Develop leadership skills and wow your employer – they will take notice
- Team work and flexibility go both ways – employee and employer – there is no departmental – only one employer
- Assignment to be completed before Day 3 (for full series attendees only)
Day 3 – Your Advisory Role
Presents opportunities for the bank and banker to engage in activities and skills to drive results across the bank for the foreseeable future.
- Present each team’s Day 2 assignment findings to the class
- Bank products – WIIFM (what’s in it for me?)
- The bank of the future – technology, artificial intelligence, and self service
- Transitioning your bank for the future
- Team selection and team rewards
- Social skills at events and during work time (i.e. lobby communication with customers)
- Social and business communication/etiquette
- Social media – what to share on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Assignment to be completed before Day 4
Day 4 – An Ambassadorship & Growth
Addresses critical skills necessary to make the banker more valuable in the bank, and in the community at large.
- Present each team’s Day 3 assignment findings to the class
- Being an ambassador for your bank
- Dress in public: better to overdress than under dress
- Doing it right the first time – proof reading for accuracy
- Building your network
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses – yours and the bank’s
- Community bank case study
Jennie Sobecki – Owner & CEO, Focused Results
Jennie is the Owner and CEO of Focused Results, LLC, a sales and marketing strategy, consulting, and training firm, concentrating in results-driven process consulting and training experience in community banks and FI’s. An expert in designing and implementing sales efforts and processes, she designs solutions to drive top line growth through better utilization and training of existing sales forces, including sales management.
Jennie is a graduate of Indiana University and has a certificate in consulting services from Ball State University. Prior to joining Focused Results, she was Director of Sales and Marketing for a $3 billion bank holding company, Sales Manager for a high performing mid-level bank, and Director of Corporate Training for a large Midwest insurance company. A charismatic speaker and consultant, Jennie consults with numerous financial service organizations on revenue, sales, sales leadership, and organizational performance.
The NCBA has secured a discounted rate of $159/night for our attendees at the North Raleigh Hilton. To secure this discounted rate, please call the hotel directly at 919.872.2323 and ask for the NC Bankers Association discounted rate. This rate includes complimentary transportation to and from the North Hills Mall. The hotel is located two miles away from the NCBA.
Please note that attendees are responsible for securing their hotel reservations. Should you encounter any issues with your reservation, please contact Business Travel Sales Manager, Courtney Quatrara at 919.878.4914 or email@example.com.