The NCBA is partnering with SBS CyberSecurity on the Certified Banking Vendor Manager virtual training. This training is self-paced, with a launch date of June 12. Attendees will be given a roster of all participants to allow for peer discussion and networking while taking the course. Total allowed time to complete the course is ten weeks, and includes 6.5 lecture hours, 8 lab exercises and a final exam. Click HERE to watch a short video from the instructor for a more detailed description of the course.
This course includes real-world exercises to build a comprehensive vendor management program to take back to organizations. Objectives include:
- Become a trusted expert in vendor management in the eyes of your auditor or examiner
- Develop a clear understanding and confidently implement a vendor selection and review process
- Comply with FFIEC external dependency management guidelines
Topics that will be covered are:
- Vendor breaches, laws, and regulations
- Information security program and risk management
- Selection of vendors
- Ongoing vendor management
- Creating a dynamic vendor management program
- Contract structuring
- IT audit and exam preparation
This is a must-attend program for ISOs, Auditors, IT Managers, Compliance Officers, Security Personnel and Operations Officers.
Jon Waldman – Co-Founder, SBS CyberSecurity and SBS Institute & Executive Vice President, IS Consulting
Jon Waldman is a co-founder and Senior Information Security Consultant for SBS CyberSecurity, a premier cybersecurity consulting and audit firm dedicated to making a positive impact on the banking and financial services industry. He maintains his CISA and CRISC certifications and received his Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and his Master of Science in Information Assurance with an emphasis in Banking and Finance Security from Dakota State University. Over the last ten years Jon has helped hundreds of financial institutions across the country create and implement comprehensive, valuable, and manageable Information Security Programs. He also conducts webinars and certification programs for the SBS Institute.