The NCBA is partnering with the ABA on this special launch of Management Essentials virtual training. This training is self-paced, with a launch date of July 10. Attendees will be given a roster of all participants to allow for peer discussion and networking while taking the course. Total allowed time to complete the course is nine weeks, and will take about 90 minutes total to complete. Attendees must complete the course by Thursday, September 12. The program will end with a live, 60-minute webinar on Friday, September 13 featuring HR experts from the ABA to discuss best management skills and practices.
This suite of six courses explores best practices for successfully managing employees, from interviewing to managing performance. Completing this course provides tips and tactics for coaching employees, developing a recognition program, and holding effective meetings. Concise, impactful lessons can be applied on the job immediately.
Course titles include:
- Interviewing: Guides attendees through methods on conducting an effective interview
- How to quickly identify job requirements and skills
- Discover various types of interview questions to ask and listening techniques to use
- Ensure your interviewing follows legal guidelines and helps you make fair hiring decisions
- Managing Performance: Guides registrants through managing performance proactively
- Learn how to leverage the three steps in the performance management cycle to ensure that employees stay focused on, and remain accountable for, business goals and outcomes
- Employee Recognition: Guides attendees through preparing and delivering recognition in a way that makes the employee feel valued and appreciated
- Get tactics for reinforcing desired behaviors and actions for ongoing employee performance success
- Coaching: Guides registrants through cultivating a coaching relationship
- Recognize coaching opportunities and invite an employee into a coaching relationship
- Explore how to identify each employees’ skills and their opportunities for development
- Discover ways to collaboratively create a coaching plan
- Effective Meetings: Guides attendees through planning and managing effective meetings.
- Learn how to hold meetings that give your team the opportunity to interact, collaborate, and share ideas, as well as resolve problems and make informed decisions
- Corrective Action: this session will guide attendees through facilitating an employee’s improvement using the progressive disciplinary model
- Understand how to apply corrective action in a balanced and objective manner
- Learn when corrective action is justified and the consequences of not taking action
This is a must-attend program for first-time managers who need an introduction to essential skills, or experienced managers and supervisors who want a refresher on management skills.
Stay tuned for speaker information!