NOW VIRTUAL! Supervisor Boot Camp
Please note that the safety and health of our members is our top priority. This program has been converted to take place as a digital learning series.
The Supervisor Boot Camp is being presented by VK Solutions, and will be presented in four consecutive modules that run on the morning of each day from September 14 – 17.
You don’t master the art of supervision through luck; you master it with training, experience, self-learning and applying best practices. As a supervisor, you must have the attitude, aptitude, confidence, persistence and commitment to excel in this multitasking, challenging role. This four-session supervisor training will help take your expertise to a new level as you learn how to collaborate and coach your employees to excel on the job.
Whether you’re new or a seasoned supervisor, registrants will find this experiential training invigorating, motivating and applicable to managing and supervising others. You will learn how to manage crucial conversations and challenging situations. You will practice a coaching approach that encourages your staff to be engaged and accountable.
Module #1: Understanding Yourself and Others
– Review your own DiSC profile and how to work with others
– Understand your role in role modeling, culture-building and team support
– Assessing your supervisor effectiveness
– Utilizing individual strengths on your team
Module #2: Difficult Conversation
– Handling those difficult conversations with employees
– Address difficult or uninspired team members
– Managing “Professional Maturity”
– Ask the right questions using the WDEP system
– Benefits of a behavior change plan
Module #3: Coaching
– One-on-One’s with your team
– Skills in giving and receiving feedback
– Coach, empower and delegate effectively
– Communicating with positive confrontation
Module #4: Building an Effective Team
– Learn how to develop and utilize teamwork in the workplace
– Ideas to empower and motivate within the workplace
– The Ideal Team Player – by Patrick Lencioni
Karen Butcher – Senior Training Consultant, VK Solutions
Karen Butcher is a former teacher, Mary Kay Sales Director, and trainer whose career journey led her to leave the corporate world to train and coach women and men who want to elevate their leadership skills, lead productive teams, and achieve their goals. Karen is a Certified Bank Training Professional who earned her credential in 2016. She is a Senior Training Consultant for Interaction Training and VK Solutions and travels the country facilitating bank supervisor training.
Karen’s passion for people is evident and she knows what is required to become a leader who people want to follow. She believes it’s time for a new leadership philosophy where leaders hold themselves and their teams accountable and let go of outdated practices. Karen is a faith-filled woman who is courageous, resilient, and compassionate. She is driven to partner with clients who desire to elevate their skills and gain the courage to take new action.