Special Launch: Certified Banking Vulnerability Assessor
We are partnering with SBS CyberSecurity to bring our members a special launch of the Certified Banking Vulnerability Assessor virtual training. This certification is self-paced, with a launch date of February 24. Attendees will be given a roster of all participants to allow for peer discussion and networking while taking the course. Total allowed time to complete the course is ten weeks and culminates with an exam to achieve the certification.
This course will guide attendees as they learn how to take security into their own hands with the ability to identify and remediate vulnerabilities at their institutions. Course objectives include:
- Gain a clear understanding of scanning tools available in the market.
- Explore best practices for continuous vulnerability monitoring.
- Find bugs to patch, security settings to fix, and software to remove on your systems.
Confirmed topics will include:
- Regulatory Overview and Vulnerability Assessments
- Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Perimeter Network Testing
- Web Application Vulnerability Testing
- Introduction to Packet Capture and Analysis
- Remediation, Reporting, and Action Tracking
- Cloud, Remote Access, and VPN Considerations
Terry Kuxhaus – Senior Information Security Consultant, SBS CyberSecurity
Terry is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), who has 14 years of experience with information technology, information security, ISP development and network security experience at a financial institution. He also has eight years of IT operations experience, including customer support, network security administration, and hardware management in government.