North Carolina Young Bankers (NCYB)
The North Carolina Bankers Association (NCBA) announced the formation of the North Carolina Bankers Association (NCYB) in late 2015. The NCYB was developed to identify and foster the professional development of emerging leaders in North Carolina’s banking industry. Becoming a member of NCYB provides access to regional and state-wide networking events, educational resources and leadership opportunities. Members of NCYB will support the overall mission of the NCBA, serving as advocates for the industry as well as promoting financial literacy through working with youth in North Carolina. Members can give back to the communities in which they serve through coordinated financial literacy efforts which include tools to help members teach our future generations at your bank or in local schools.
Vision Statement: To be the premier organization that develops and engages emerging bank leaders while strengthening our community.
Mission Statement: To achieve its vision the North Carolina Young Bankers will:
- Promote financial literacy for North Carolina’s youth
- Encourage awareness and active engagement in the industry
- Foster professional development and provide leadership opportunities for our members
- Must be employed by a member bank in good standing of the NCBA
- Age requirement: 45 and under
- All bank levels/positions are eligible
- Leadership Luncheons (Ongoing)
- Camp Challenge (Summer 2018)
- NC Young Bankers Conference (Fall 2018)
NCYB Monthly Newsletter:
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
Get Involved with Camp Challenge:
2017 was another great year for Camp Challenge, and we’re already looking forward to a spectacular 25th Anniversary of the program coming up in 2018! If you are looking to help, here are a few ways you can get involved with Camp Challenge.
- DONATE: The cost to sponsor one student to attend Camp Challenge for an entire week is $700, although truly any amount given helps tremendously. Last year we had nearly 400 applications come in from all over the state, and we remain hopeful that we will be able to accept as many campers as possible this year. Please consider supporting a middle school student in this experience that they otherwise wouldn’t be given the opportunity to have.
- VOLUNTEER: Throughout the summer, we will be looking for volunteers to help teach in our engaging personal finance course at Camp Challenge. Classes last from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. each day (Monday – Friday). Volunteers are invited to stay and eat lunch with the campers immediately after classes at 12:30 p.m., and are more than welcome to participate in any of the traditional summer camp activities during the afternoon. Stay tuned for a sign-up for 2018 coming in the Spring!
- HOLD A DONATION DRIVE: We are always looking for more classroom items that we can use during the eight weeks of Camp Challenge. The most common items we use during the week are calculators, pens, pencils, markers, and construction paper. Additionally, each summer we are faced with a number of students who show up without some of the essentials needed for the week. These items include deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, and sleeping bags. If your bank is willing to hold a donation drive to bring in any of these supplies and/or toiletries, that would be a tremendous help.
For more information on any of the ways you can support Camp Challenge, please contact Blaine Wiles at (919) 781-7979 or email@example.com.
Instructions for Creating a Portal Account and Becoming a Member of NCYB:
Thank you for your interest in the North Carolina Bankers! To stay connected with the NCYB, please take a few minutes and create in the NCBA Portal if you have not already done so. To create your profile, please go to the NCBA website HERE, select Portal Access in the top right hand corner and click Create A User Account. Please use the email address where you would like to receive all correspondence related to the NCYB and NCBA. This email will also serve as your loginID going forward.
Once you have created your account, you will receive a welcome email. Please forward this welcome email with a note that you would like to be added to the Young Bankers group to Michelle Sutton, firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have been added to the NCYB, you will see it as an option under My Committee on your Portal profile. From here you can access group specific discussions, filing cabinets, and see a listing of all members. If you have any questions or need assistance with creating your profile on the portal, please contact Meghan Best, email@example.com. If you have questions specifically related to the NCYB, please contact Blair Jernigan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Your Region’s NCYB Representative:
- David Sauls, Southern Bank & Trust Co. – email@example.com
- Kristen Brabble, First Carolina Bank – firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Parker, KS Bank – email@example.com
- Jason Rapuano, Paragon Bank – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope Moore, Union Bank, NCYB Immediate Past Chair – email@example.com
- Blair Jernigan, NCBA Staff Liaison – firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlotte Metro Region:
- Kelly King, NewDominion Bank – email@example.com
- David Beaver, Uwharrie Bank, Vice Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meredith Begley, Black Mountain Savings Bank, Chair – email@example.com
- Katrina Blumetti, Morganton Savings Bank – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Cortes, TD Bank, Secretary – email@example.com